Saturday, October 18, 2008

Introducing Liz's co-host

Good morning fellow retreatees
Whilst I'm not a Retreat virgin, I am most definitely a Blogging virgin so I will keep my post short and simple in case I blunder where no man or woman has blundered before.

Given your responses to Liz's last post I thought that you might like to see a close up of our raffle quilt and, of course, its prize winning ribbon.

We had a lot of fun choosing the design and making this quilt, especially towards the 'putting it all together' stage. At each of our gatherings we eagerly awaited the arrival of committee members so that we could lay out what we had completed the previous month and ooh and aah over each others' blocks. I suspect that each and every one of the committee would secretly like to win this quilt!

For South Australian Scquilters, the quilt is currently at Stitches in Time on Fullarton Road. You can purchase raffle tickets in the shop.
Chris O'Brien

No comments: